I received my Ipsy and Birchbox at the same time. I’ll show you what I received, Ipsy is up first….. This navy blue bag is very large and has star fabric on this inside to go with the theme for January “A true star will always shine” it’s all in the details I tell ya.
First of all I want to say I am never disappointed by my Ipsy bag. I love the concept of getting all my products in a reusable makeup bag instead of a box!
Now onto the goodies inside….
- Josie Maran Argan Oil .17FL. OZ. Organic and Amazing Product
- Nailtini Nail Lacquer in Bloody Mary (Full Size) True Creme Red
- SOHO Ergonomic Crease Brush (Full size, meaning not travel size)
- Big Sexy Hair Spray & Play 1.5 OZ (Travel Size)
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter 2.5 Oz Organic (Travel Size)
I love and will use EVERYTHING in my bag. I love the addition of two organic products. I did not do the math but I am sure everything I got combined is worth way more than the $10 I paid for my bag.
Onto Birchbox. I must say it can be hit or miss. They now say you “may” get a full size item. I have never received anything full size, have you?
Okay onto what I got….
- DDF Wrinkle Resist Plus Pore minimizer (small tube)
- Juicy Couture Viva La Juicy (small spray vial)
- Kerastase Elixir Ultime (small bottle with pump)
- theBalm cosmetics Hot Mama Blush (0.035 OZ)
- *Beauty Extra* Kerastase Nutritive Nectar Thermique-Protect (Foil Packet)
Am I disappointed? I guess you could say I am, my favorite item was the hot mama blush from the Balm….but on the back it says “free sample-not for sale” and I feel like I bought it…..What about you, does Birchbox disappoint?
Smackdown Conclusion: Birchbox VS IPSY
IPSY by a huge landslide 🙂